Police constable killed in road accident
Police Constable Inam Dawadi, 30, of Junior Police Officer College, Bharatpur was rammed by the Kathmandu-bound Bolero jeep (Na 3 Cha 831) when riding a cycle at 8:30 pm, Chitwan’s Superintendent of Police (SP), Deepak Thapa said.
In the accident, Suman Ghimire, 33, of Morang and working at the same college was seriously injured. He is undergoing treatment at the Chitwan Medical College.
The police have detained the driver and impounded the jeep. The body of the deceased police constable is being kept at Bharatpur Hospital.
Husband kills wife’s illicit lover
Meanwhile, a 36 – year – old man was killed in an attack with chisel at Madi area in southern Chitwan.
The deceased has been identified as Ramlal Roda of Bandarjhula in Madi Municipality – 12, Chitwan’s SP, Deepak Thapa shared.
Police arrested Indra Maya Chepang, 28 and her husband, Sanu Rumba, in accusation of involvement in the murder. Police investigation showed that Ramlal was attacked inside Rumba’s house on Tuesday morning, Thapa said. The police came to know of the incident when the accused were trying to bury the body in a jungle.
Ramlal had gone to meet with Indra Maya as her husband was away in Kathmandu, SP Thapa added. But the same night Sanu Rumba returned. Ramlal’s body has been sent to Bharatpur Hospital for a post-mortem examination.
- UN expert calls for better protection against abuse and exploitation for Nepali workers seeking foreign employment
- Nepal establishes diplomatic ties with Uzbekistan
- Nepali peacekeepers provide medical treatment to 400 civilians in South Sudan
- Nepal embassy in Denmark organises interaction programme on tourism
- Three-day workshop on technology transfer to be held in January