Shashank urges political parties to think again on amendment proposal
Kawasoti, 4 Jan – Nepali Congress General Secretary Dr Sashank Koirala has said a time has come for political parties to think again on the constitution amendment proposal.
Ninety percent lawmakers were on the same board while promulgating the constitution, sending a message of the need of political unity to resolve any political problem in the country, he added.
Inaugurating the third town council of Gaidakot Municipality in Nawalparasi here today, leader Koirala insisted on talks among political parties to find a way out to the political imbroglio facing the country and eventually having the political stability.
The three-tier election was a must to enforce the constitution, he said, urging political parties to focus themselves on the election.
Leader Koirala who represents the Nawalparasi-1 in the Legislature-Parliament said he was committed to constructing a ring road from Gaindakot to Daldale via Kotathar and Bulingtar and one more ring road in Gaindakot.
He went on to say that road accidents were very common in the district and the town should have an advance hospital.
He said he was thinking to build a play ground of an international standard here in the commemoration of his father the late BP Koirala.
Leader Koirala was of the view that all District Development Committees and municipalities should prepare periodic plans and implement them accordingly for the development of local level.
- UN expert calls for better protection against abuse and exploitation for Nepali workers seeking foreign employment
- Nepal establishes diplomatic ties with Uzbekistan
- Nepali peacekeepers provide medical treatment to 400 civilians in South Sudan
- Nepal embassy in Denmark organises interaction programme on tourism
- Three-day workshop on technology transfer to be held in January