Hospitals will not get doles, 400 million rupees stopped (Part 2)
Kathmandu, 17 May – Government has stopped doling out funds to for-profit hospitals that used to receive millions from state treasury just because they had might and access.
Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers made a new directive and forbade for-profit hospitals to apply for government aid.
Approving the Directives for Aid to Community Hospitals-2016, the Cabinet has made it sure that only those non-profit community hospitals outside Kathmandu Valley receive aid.
Health Ministry will now grant aid to health institutes that apply for aid only after checking their documents to make sure that they are non-profit institutes. Submitting false documents for aid will be liable to punishments.
The Ministry has allocated half a billion rupees to grant aid to hospitals for this financial year. Officers in the ministry hope that the new directive will stop budget misuse.
Lokaantar has been exclusively following this story.
Read Part 1 of the story here: http://lokaantar.com/en/governance/600-million-doled-hospitals-health-institutes-ad-hoc-basis/
- Consultation workshop on enter-educative audio-visual material held
- Consultation workshop on UNCAC compliance for private sector held
- Student orientation programmes held in Surkhet
- Special Court extends Sharma’s judicial custody by one week
- Government files impeachment motion against Chief Justice Karki